The Taiwan Journal of TESOL aims to promote professional integrity and fairness in academic publishing. All stakeholders should adhere to the following ethical guidelines:
1.Editors: The editors will oversee and enforce publication policies regarding ethics. They will make editorial decisions with respect, fairness, and confidentiality. They will also disclose apparent competing interests.
2.Reviewers: Double-blind peer review supports editorial decision-making. The reviewers will recommend publication decisions and provide constructive feedback to the editor and the author promptly, objectively, and fairly. They will also disclose competing interests. They must notify the editor of any unprofessional conduct (e.g., (self-)plagiarism, double submission, etc.).
- The authors will ensure that the submitted manuscript is their original work and that it has not been published and is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. Also, the authors affirm that the manuscript does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party nor does it contain anything unlawful or in violation of any right to privacy.
- The authors will report their own and true data or have permission for data reproduction. They will notify the editors of any fundamental errors in the manuscript.
- The authors will avoid plagiarism and self-plagiarism by acknowledging all sources (See APA, 2020, pp. 254-257). The publisher may use plagiarism-checking software (e.g., Turnitin) to identify cases in which sections, sentences, and/or phrases are copied or used without appropriate citation (APA, 2020, p. 255).
- The corresponding author will guarantee authorship of the manuscript, including that all co-authors have approved the content, submission, and authorship of the manuscript.
- The authors will disclose competing interests, including reporting sources of financial support.
- The authors will protect the privacy rights and ensure fair/ethical treatment of all human subjects. They will adhere to relevant laws and guidelines. They will also obtain informed consent from human subjects.
- The authors will read and follow the academic ethics guidelines published by the APA (https://apastyle.apa.org/) and Academic Ethics Guidelines for Researchers made by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) in Taiwan (https://www.most.gov.tw/most/attachments/9149925d-ec63-40b0-8ec8-c583008a43c1 ).